The girl was there in the floor. Cold and lifeless. Her limbs spread like wet pasta. Her eyes open and grey.
Agent Baldwin walked through the house. His clothes wrinkled. He had grabbed whatever happened to be laying across a chair in the middle of the night, when he got the call.
“What’s the story, Sarah?” He asked while rubbing his eyes.
Sarah just looked at him.
– how long do you have?
– I’ve got a female adult body. With no markings of any kind, dead in her own home with no signs of breaking or entering. More than that…
She stood up and stood closer. Whispering while looking straight ahead.
– I’ve got three more bodies from across the county. All the same.
Baldwin took his phone. And texted Janice.
– I’ll get Janice on it. I better bring her some chocolate cake for this one.
– you’d better add beer and pizza
Sarah said dryly.
– it’s going to be a long summer. I hope you already got your PTO in.